Monday, July 23, 2012

Canning Weekend


Wow what a super busy weekend!!! I picked 14 more pounds of blueberries. With this I made blueberry syrup, blue berry pie filling and froze whole blueberries.

Here's the process for Blueberry Pie Filling

Mashing the blueberries



Add sugar and lemon peel

Cook until thickened

Divide into freezer container for enjoyment later


I then had over 15 pounds of cucumbers to pickle. This makes me so happy because the past two years I've had no cucumbers to pickle. So needless to say I was very excited to pickle again. I made kosher picked using the Ball mix.

Here's the process






Pick cucumbers and wash them

Mix picking mix and boil

Add brine to sliced cucumbers in jars and process

All done!!!!!

    


What did you preserve this weekend?

4 comments:

  1. Your blueberry filling looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did salsa and rotel tomatoes this weekend. I am about to get some more blueberries so I think I will try some of the blueberry pie filling. Yum....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jelous you got to can tomatoes this weekend. Can't wait until their in season here!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! I love canning!
    HAPPY FRIDAY!!! You’re super awesome and I’ve nominated you for an award. Stop by and check it out!
    http://back2basichealth.blogspot.com/2012/08/awards-giveaways-and-recipesoh-my.html

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. Thanks for leaving a comment! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...